Based in Salk Lake City, Utah, Western Governors University or WGU is an online, nonprofit, and private university that was established in 1997 by 19 US. Governors. The university applies a competency-based model, with students learning online. WGU online school provides courses which are currently accredited by ACBSP, CAHIIM, CCNE, NCATE, and NWCCU. The university also has many affiliated online schools in Indiana, Texas, Washington, Missouri, Nevada, Tennessee, North Carolina, and Ohio.
What can we do with WGU(Western Governors University)
Currently, the Western Governors University offers as 4 online colleges with more than 60 flexible degree programs:
- College of Business Online
The WGU MBA or bachelor degrees include market-responsive programs to help students obtain the latest knowledge and skills in the world of business.
- Teachers College Online
Quality, affordability, and flexibility, teaching course at WHG can give you a teaching degree to help your students get the most out of their potential and education.
- College of Information Technology Online
All IT programs at WGU provide a smart bundle which is tailored to the latest requirements in the IT industry. By solving issues and designing solutions is your calling, you can improve your skills and get a good job.
- College of Health Professions Online
WGU provides highly relevant programs on health professions which are highly flexible to help healthcare employees get further education.
How to apply for WGU admission and guide to WGU.EDU login
Step 1: Go to the official site of Western Governors University at www.wgu.edu.
Step 2: Choose “APPLY NOW” on the top right corner.
Step 3: Enter some basic info such as name, email, place of residence, phone number, email and college of interest. Then choose “Next”.
Step 4: Provide your education background, including high school, college, year of graduation, major, or minor. Then choose “Next”.
Step 5: Enter some demographic info about you and your family. Then choose “Next”.
Step 6: Review your info and choose “Next”.
Step 7: Pay for the registration fee via your credit card or Paypal, then choose “Submit” to finish.
Benefits of learning at WGU online school
- Affordable tuition fee to help students graduate with less debt.
- Personalized and one-on-one faculty support.
- $3000 scholarship for veterans, military service members, and their dependents.
- Access to 4 online colleges (business, teachers, IT, and health) with more than 60 flexible degree programs.
- Intuitive and interactive WGU student portal to manage and track their learning progress.
- Most programs will start at the beginning of every month.
- A term at WGU last 6 months.
- The tuition fee is billed at a flat rate each term, meaning that you will pay for the time instead of by course or credit hour.
- Before applying for the admission at WGU, you should ensure the following criteria: your prior education and work experience, the committed time to study, and the Readiness Assessment results.