USCIS is a federal agency responsible for overseeing proper and lawful immigration to the United State. It’s part and parcel of the Home Security Department.
They safeguard the immigration component integrity by fairly handling immigration request while securing and protecting Americans as well as honoring their values. Their online portal has simplified everything. Thus, checking USCIS case status is at your fingertips. Their website will allow you to check USCIS case status from the comfort of your home, work or anywhere else at any given time using your mobile device or computer. This has really made it convenient and enhanced service delivery.
Other than checking your USCIS case status, USCIS appointment has been simplified also. Either you’re in or outside the U.S., you can make an appointment from every part of the world by visiting their website.
What They Can Do
USCIS has numerous things they can do. They offer various services among them including:
This includes the process of Naturalization. Whoever wishes to become a U.S. citizen by naturalization is required to submit the application to USCIS. Its eligibility is determined. If the application goes through then citizenship is awarded.
- Family Members Immigration
The agency manages to process document for the residents who are living in the U.S. permanently to bring their close relatives in the U.S. to live and work.
- Working In the U.S.
Through USCIS you can be allowed to work in the United States in either temporary opportunity or provided permanent residence through the issuance of the green card.
The agency allows adoption of children from other countries by United States citizens.
How to Use USCIS Online Portal
Using the USCIS website(uscis.gov) is very simple. In order to check status, you should first visit their website and key in receipt number you got after applying or register an account so that you can log in to manage your account.
Below are steps to help you register with USCIS online portal
- From your computer or mobile device, visit egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do with a standard web browser.
- If you don’t have the account, click on Sign up.
- Go through all the terms and conditions and click on the accept button.
- Select the Account type then click on the Next Button.
- Fill all basics personal information required in the given fields. Then click on Next Button.
- Set Up the username and password you’ll be using to login in the system. Ensure you have selected easy to remember security question in order to use it to reset your password if you forget it.
- Then click on Submit Button and wait for your request to be processed.
- Once the request is processed, go to USCIS login and enter the Username and password to log in and you will comfortably check your USCIS case status online.
Benefits for Users
Users of this service get numerous benefits such as:
- Ease access of their case status from anywhere and anytime.
- Getting United States citizenship.
- Working in the United States.
- Bringing their family members to live and work in the United States.
It’s a key agency ensuring immigration of people from other countries to the United States is done in a lawful manner. The component which falls under the home security department plays a critical role in immigration and citizenship processes.